6 Jun 2019

Planica - Kranjska Gora

Hello, today's excursion was about one hour away, near the Austrian and Italian borders. First we visited the ski jumping centre at Planica (saw some ski jumpers practicing and the indoor cross country track), then walked to the village of Kranjska Gora before returning by bus. On walking back from the lake near Kranjska Gora, we saw a woman with a pram engaging in some cross country action on a very rough track, at times she was hauling the pram across rocks - I feared concussion for the child. At the bus station we were joined by a Foghorn leghorn. I was not sure whether he was speaking to the person he was sitting next to or making an announcement to Kranjksa Gora at large. On the bus itself, one person when getting off started complaining to the bus driver that he had gone the wrong way and had not stopped at the right stop (there were roadworks and a detour in place). The Croatian peanut gallery then chimed in with their 2 cents worth. I was hoping the driver would throw them all off as all they did was whinge about their lives during the whole trip anyway. I think these people must have been professional whingers. Another warm day in the mid 20s with a thunderstorm in the afternoon, when we were safely back!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment