I had dinner at the hotel restaurant last night and didn't that cause confusion as usually the people eating there get their meals included as part of their accommodation. The excellent person at reception (that seems to work 12 hour days) sorted it out by adding the cost to the bill. It was a buffet and I could eat as much as I liked but there were staff watching. I did, however, have a double serve of potatoes as well as a "gypsy style schnitzel", whatever that means. Looked like meat In a sauce to me. But clearly no potato shortage here.
We had the last of the music festival last night with a very good 50-60s band which abruptly finished at 11pm on the dot.
Also the reason hotel reception is in the basement is because the hotel complex is on a hill. If you enter via a side street, magically, reception is on the ground floor.
At breakfast, people feel the need to fill their water bottles from the drink dispensing machine, while everyone else waits. Don't they have water in their rooms? One this morning even filled up her bowl full of hot water from the tea/coffee machine - I've no idea what she was going to do with that.
Back to Piran tomorrow. Some photos....


















No comments:
Post a Comment