Today I went up to the mountains again via the Kanin cable car. Today not a lot of distance was covered, only about 300m up as I climbed the nearby mountain of Prestreljenik (2498m). Not only are the views superb, the mountain sits on the Slovenian - Italian border. It even has a white post denoting the border. Although the walk was not technically difficult and not exposed, there was a bit of scrambling involved on occasions. The guidebook referred to these as rock steps; they were only "steps" if you were over 6 feet tall. Met another Croatian group up there - with a Slovenian guide, who was kind enough to take a photo and I reciprocated. Also saw a few walkers wearing bike helmets - you do wear climbing helmets when going on steep rocky slopes because if the risk of rockfall but the walk I did doesn't really qualify, there was a bit of loose stuff but helmets, even bike helmets -which aren't designed for rocks anyway - seems a bit over the top.
In other news. More music on last night - Slovenian rock/pop. Finished just past 11pm but then a group of Slovenian drunks took over for a little while (I liked their repertoire better). In fact all night there were people running around.
I have a gift of attracting crowds.. Yesterday, I was the only one waiting to buy ice cream, then suddenly I was surrounded by a group of people. After the climb I decided to take a side path to take some shots - suddenly there were six people behind me., thinking they were missing out on something. Later at the restaurant at the cable car station I was all alone, within 5 minutes I was surrounded by groups on all sides (incidentally their strudel was excellent).
And finally, the C team were on house keeping today. No replacement towels and the bathroom bin next to my bed. Luckily, found a trolley in the hallway and helped myself. Perhaps I should impose a housekeeping charge.
The photos....
No comments:
Post a Comment