24 Aug 2017

Bovec 2

Went up to the mountains today. But I did it the easy way using the Kanin cable car which takes about 30 minutes to get from 460m (Bovec) to the top at 2200m. It's a ski area but, apparently, has great views all round. You can even take a chairlift (pictured) to the Slovenian-Italian border where there are more cable cars/chairlifts. Unfortunately it was foggy, so I didn't go walking higher up. I wandered a bit around but I decided, instead, to take the cable car down to the next station at around 1600m, where it was clear, and walked back to Bovec along forest roads. It probably cleared up the top the moment I set foot on the cable car! It was a very long walk as the road winds down the side of the mountains but there were great views down to Bovec and the Soca river valley. I'll have to go back on a nicer day! Helped out a motor cyclist who was left behind by his friend. At an intersection I pointed the way his friend had gone.

Meanwhile in Bovec. We have some German troublemakers (in their early 20s) staying in the hotel. I knew they were trouble the moment I saw them congregating in the hallway. Last night they arrived at their rooms at about 11.30pm at which point they started an impromptu concert in falsetto voices, giggling, and making funny noises, which appeared to be amusing to them. Then they went out again. Came back after midnight and commenced a conference down the hallway. Then it suddenly stopped and I think everyone went quietly back to their rooms. Somebody probably made their displeasure known. I think they should have stayed in a hostel. The hotel breakfast room/restaurant is very fancy. I think they spent all their money there and didn't have enough left for the rooms. 
The church is not too far from here and they really go for it with their bells at 7am for some reason - lucky that's when I get up.

Photos from today...


















No comments:

Post a Comment