And the saga continues. Today I did part of the Soca Trail (which is also a section of the Alpe-Adria trail) - which predictably follows the Soca river up to the village of Trenta. It goes through forest, along the riverbed, on small roads and across very wonky suspension bridges. It is a beautiful, and flat trail, and It would be good to complete the whole trail one day. There was a lot more walkers on this trail today (mainly Germans) and very adventurous cyclists. One nearly ended up in a creek when he negotiated, very skilfully, some steps but could not quite make the turn over the bridge. Also saw someone doing some trail clearing, literally in the middle of nowhere.
Meanwhile back in town. I had to go back to the same place for dinner yesterday - the one with the potato shortage - as one place was booked out and the other place closed. I thought I would outsmart them this time by getting French fries. Got more potatoes but I got less meat (chicken this time). I think they must weigh the plates to ensure they don't exceed an allocated weight. In the same place a child bought their bike in. Clearly his parents have failed in their parental duties by not acquainting him with the concept of the bike lock.
I am glad to report that the breakfast room/restaurant is a dog free zone. They have a sign indicating as much. The same doesn't apply to the cafe across the hallway as I saw someone take their dog in the other day.
The previously rowdy guests appear to be quieter or gone. Nevertheless, someone was running around in just a towel yesterday and had the audacity to stare at me. They forgot to service my room today - probably because the B team are in charge. The woman who is usually in charge of cleaning the rooms had a day off today (as I heard her tell reception yesterday). She usually sings when she cleans - they're usually not that happy.
And finally, the concerts were on again last night but finished at a very respectable 10.30. Last night's music was rock, mainly English. Music is scheduled until Saturday.
Photos from today...

















No comments:
Post a Comment