Today's trip was to the Kluze and Herman Forts and in fact part of the walk was along the path of peace which commemorates the loss of life in this area during World War One on the Soca Front (part of the trail even goes through a bunker tunnel). But the first part was literally through farms full of cows, sheep but mainly goats. As usual the track signs let me down so had to back track. But really the walking here is superb - great walking through shady, green, forests and views of mountains all around.
In relation to other things, while I was having dinner the other night a woman came in and asked whether they had wi fi, and then quickly added that they were going to eat there too. I guess for some people it doesn't matter what the food is like as long as they have wi fi. On another night, when predictably I had schnitzel, as a German family was being seated and coming past my table the little girl came over to my table, pointed, and told her mother she knew what she wanted for dinner. Discerning. At that same place, I almost called the waitress over to tell them that they forgot the potatoes before I spotted a a few token slivers on my plate. Must be a potato shortage. Some interesting flavours here: cranberry iced tea and pineapple ice cream. Both very nice.
Photos from today...



















No comments:
Post a Comment