Hello, today I went down to Valley Lake as well as visiting some old crater lakes (now dry). At the end of the day I went to Umphertson Sinkhole, which is a sinkhole that was planted as a garden. Around Valley Lake there are extensive parklands and a conservation area which is surrounded by an electric fence. It's a sort of protective custody for animals. In the 30s today but with a few thunderstorms. But tomorrow we are expecting temperatures half that with rain. Thankfully it's my last day before going home on Friday.
In other news....my hotel room has some interesting features. The hot water seems to be on a time limit. After about five minutes the hot water stops. In my room there is also random banging and whirring noises. I have no idea what is doing this. I also had a problem with the TV remote. I have breakfast included but it's takeaway. They give you a plastic cube which contains your breakfast for each day. When I had dinner at the House of Schnitzel the other day there was a pile of dirty laundry stacked at one of the entrances to the restaurant. I went down there to eat today but there was no room at the inn. It was empty the other day but today it was all booked out. Must be a schnitzel eating convention on in town or maybe it was the 2 for the price of 1 deal they have on now. I had to eat in the bar as a result - I caught up on what races were on though (and apparently the drinks are cheaper at the bar as opposed to the restaurant). There are a lot of pubs in Mount Gambier competing for people's business - I have counted six so far. But my hotel has all the important services: a horse betting area as well as pokies.
In other news....my hotel room has some interesting features. The hot water seems to be on a time limit. After about five minutes the hot water stops. In my room there is also random banging and whirring noises. I have no idea what is doing this. I also had a problem with the TV remote. I have breakfast included but it's takeaway. They give you a plastic cube which contains your breakfast for each day. When I had dinner at the House of Schnitzel the other day there was a pile of dirty laundry stacked at one of the entrances to the restaurant. I went down there to eat today but there was no room at the inn. It was empty the other day but today it was all booked out. Must be a schnitzel eating convention on in town or maybe it was the 2 for the price of 1 deal they have on now. I had to eat in the bar as a result - I caught up on what races were on though (and apparently the drinks are cheaper at the bar as opposed to the restaurant). There are a lot of pubs in Mount Gambier competing for people's business - I have counted six so far. But my hotel has all the important services: a horse betting area as well as pokies.
No comments:
Post a Comment