7 Dec 2018

Hindmarsh Island & The Murray

Hello. More excursions today even though it was hot (38 as I type this), windy and cloudy. Not pleasant. But inside it's nice, I have only had to put the air conditioner on today. It's a good motel except for the fact that the shower leaks, the front door is hard to open and they forgot to service my room yesterday.

Anyway, the first excursion was north (inland) along the left hand bank of the Murray River. This was to a place called Laffin Point. Then I retraced my steps and walked over to Hindmarsh Island, on the bridge, and a lookout back towards Goolwa. Hindmarsh Island is very large - being over 14km long. On one coast it has freshwater, on the other salt water.

On my return I had lunch at a café and ordered a pizza, and the pizza curse returned. This time it wasn't burnt but they had forgotten to make it at all! After about 25 minutes (after much head swivelling on my part) the waitress appeared with my pizza, admitting they had forgotten my order and giving me complimentary garlic bread as compensation. If only politicians could follow their lead and admit their mistakes!












No comments:

Post a Comment