Hello, today there were two excursions. In the morning I walked down to the Goolwa Barrage, a dam/loch that separates the freshwater of the Murray River from the saltwater. However, the water at Goolwa is undrinkable anyway, I then walked back to Goolwa along the beach. In the afternoon I went on a boat tour to explore the mouth of the Murray River and the Coorong National Park. We actually got off at the mouth of the Murray (i.e. it goes out to sea) where it is an ongoing battle to stop the entrance silting up (see photos of the red dredges at work). The Coorong is a spectacular area with lots of birds, although according to the captain of the boat, less than there usually is. Very hot day today - got up to 38 (and hotter tomorrow) but out on the Coorong there was a cool breeze which made things more comfortable than in Goolwa.
No comments:
Post a Comment