The last day in Cinque Terre and it was one of the best. I tackled the longer walk from Riomaggiore to Porto Venere, which is not one of the Cinque Terre villages but lies to the south. First it was the climb out of Riomaggiore, through farms, along an old pilgrimage "road" to a church. On this leg there were good views of the village and some of the other Cinque Terre villages further north. Then a bit more climbing amongst vineyards (I even captured a couple of those trollies in use). Then it was forest until another mountain village, Campiglia (and a welcome coke stop), where there were views of La Spezia before going down towards Porto Venere where there were spectacular views of its church and castle - plus it even has an island. Porto Venere was simply stunning. Then it was on the bus back to the hotel.
This last walk just about completed my traverse across Cinque Terre. Tomorrow it's off to Genoa, which is only two hours further north, a trip I booked before the recent disaster.
This last walk just about completed my traverse across Cinque Terre. Tomorrow it's off to Genoa, which is only two hours further north, a trip I booked before the recent disaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment