Hello,
Last day walking before I return to Bright tomorrow morning. Did two shorter walks but with good views towards Mounts Hotham, Loch and Feathertop. The day started ominously with it looking like it will rain but during the first walk it cleared up in five minutes and it was all blue skies again. That's the mountains for you! So the tally for the three days is: 48km covered, lost once, ate two flies and sighted 10 people.
I was wondering where all the people were in Dinner Plain as there was hardly anyone on the tracks or in the village (there were few people at the pub or on the streets). But I found them today when booking dinner at a nearby hotel; they were all sitting in the lounge area in front of the fire warming their butts (it wasn't even cold outside). There must have been about a dozen of them, probably waiting for lunch to start.
I also discovered an interesting feature of my apartment; a room cupboard. What I thought was just a cupboard for the bedroom turned out to be the entrance to a room containing a single bed and hot water tank. It's the sort of thing you hide illegal immigrants or captives. I am also confused as to why some of the TV channels have NT and western Queensland ads, particularly for Alice Springs businesses. That's a long way to go to get pictures framed or have a meal. The speed of the internet is quite good here - probably because no one is up here - but yesterday it was very slow. However, it was very windy, so maybe that slowed down the signal. That's the only thing I can think of.
Last day walking before I return to Bright tomorrow morning. Did two shorter walks but with good views towards Mounts Hotham, Loch and Feathertop. The day started ominously with it looking like it will rain but during the first walk it cleared up in five minutes and it was all blue skies again. That's the mountains for you! So the tally for the three days is: 48km covered, lost once, ate two flies and sighted 10 people.
I was wondering where all the people were in Dinner Plain as there was hardly anyone on the tracks or in the village (there were few people at the pub or on the streets). But I found them today when booking dinner at a nearby hotel; they were all sitting in the lounge area in front of the fire warming their butts (it wasn't even cold outside). There must have been about a dozen of them, probably waiting for lunch to start.
I also discovered an interesting feature of my apartment; a room cupboard. What I thought was just a cupboard for the bedroom turned out to be the entrance to a room containing a single bed and hot water tank. It's the sort of thing you hide illegal immigrants or captives. I am also confused as to why some of the TV channels have NT and western Queensland ads, particularly for Alice Springs businesses. That's a long way to go to get pictures framed or have a meal. The speed of the internet is quite good here - probably because no one is up here - but yesterday it was very slow. However, it was very windy, so maybe that slowed down the signal. That's the only thing I can think of.
Love that country!
ReplyDeletePeter M.