Hello, only local walks recently. Went up to Apex lookout today, which is where all the TV and radio for Bright is broadcast from. Great views to Mount Buffalo and towards Mount Hotham on the other side. The weather has cooled off a bit - sunny and in the high 20s most days. Some observations follow. Next blog will be from WA.
Dogs
Had a few recent run ins with dogs. I don't think they like me much. One dog came rushing out from a house very angry but I swung my backpack at it and it chickened off. A few days later on a bushwalk, a dog came towards me (not on a a leash) and carried on. The owners quickly followed behind. They reassured me that their dog would not hurt me (I have heard that before). Apparently, owners can read their dog's mind. I was then informed that it was my fault as I scared the dog with my walking poles. I guess I should have apologised.
Advertising
I saw a local TV ad for a chemist, their slogan was that they helped you stay alive and healthy. Well that might be true as they probably do provide life saving medicines but I don't think I would be emphasising the life bit to seriously ill people.
The ad for oral B tooth brushes claims that it will help you brush like a pro. I could be wrong but I am not aware of any people that are professional teeth brushers.
Brighter Days Festival
The only good thing about this annual local festival is that it's for charity. Otherwise, it's loud motor bikes, black t-shirts, loud music, and beer. In fact I think some of these motor cyclists have problems with their hearing, might be because of how loud their bikes are, as the music for this event appears to be 100 decibels louder than other events. In keeping with the motorcycle theme I saw one of them riding a chopper pedal bike down the main road, no helmet but a bald, and clearly hard, head.
TV News
A reporter said that they were interviewing an artesian cheese maker. A maker of watery cheese?
Dogs
Had a few recent run ins with dogs. I don't think they like me much. One dog came rushing out from a house very angry but I swung my backpack at it and it chickened off. A few days later on a bushwalk, a dog came towards me (not on a a leash) and carried on. The owners quickly followed behind. They reassured me that their dog would not hurt me (I have heard that before). Apparently, owners can read their dog's mind. I was then informed that it was my fault as I scared the dog with my walking poles. I guess I should have apologised.
Advertising
I saw a local TV ad for a chemist, their slogan was that they helped you stay alive and healthy. Well that might be true as they probably do provide life saving medicines but I don't think I would be emphasising the life bit to seriously ill people.
The ad for oral B tooth brushes claims that it will help you brush like a pro. I could be wrong but I am not aware of any people that are professional teeth brushers.
Brighter Days Festival
The only good thing about this annual local festival is that it's for charity. Otherwise, it's loud motor bikes, black t-shirts, loud music, and beer. In fact I think some of these motor cyclists have problems with their hearing, might be because of how loud their bikes are, as the music for this event appears to be 100 decibels louder than other events. In keeping with the motorcycle theme I saw one of them riding a chopper pedal bike down the main road, no helmet but a bald, and clearly hard, head.
TV News
A reporter said that they were interviewing an artesian cheese maker. A maker of watery cheese?
Apex Lookout Walk...
No comments:
Post a Comment