29 Jun 2017

Vienna 2

Last two days, I have been all around Vienna even started using the public transport (trams and underground). Very easy to buy tickets, through a smartphone app you can buy your digital ticket. No validating or scanning required. I went up the Donau tower - which is the communications tower you can see in some of my previous pictures, which is not far from my hotel. Also went on the Prater park Ferris wheel today, just outside the old city, and there were some good views from there too. Back to Piran tomorrow.

Some observations...

Interesting Businesses
Saw a barbershop that also offered tattoos. I wonder whether they can do both at the same time.
Went past the closed Aphrodite Beauty Farm Hotel. I wonder what went wrong with that business idea.
Also a service they have here when shops are closed are cigarette machines. Very considerate.

Interesting People
I was walking behind someone the other day when he suddenly bent down dipped his hand in a puddle and patted down his hair. Clearly the need was urgent.
Saw a woman with a headscarf the other day which displayed their usefulness, she tucked her phone over her ear and then she was hands free.
I saw another woman today which I can only describe as have strapping around her chest and shoulders. I thought it was just fashionable until I was surprised to see a little face peeking out from under the strapping. The baby was tiny. At least it didn't interfere with her usage of her phone.

Plastic Bags
A big issue in the media here recently is the amount of plastic in the sea. Apparently, scientists are studying the affects on sea life. I'm no scientist, but I don't think eating plastic can be good for fish. The real issue is how is this plastic getting into the sea.



























No comments:

Post a Comment