2 Jun 2017

The Trip back

Hello, I have returned to Piran to have a rest. On the way back I caught the train and bus rather than the direct bus that I caught on the way to Nova Gorica. Although there was two trains and two buses involved I don't regret it. The train trip from Nova Gorica to Sezana was particularly scenic, with the train tavelling high above the valley (see some of the pictures below). It seems that at Sezana train station they have unisex toilets, all doors led to the same place.

Also some recent observations...

Tourists
My favourite subject. The other day, in Piran, saw a tourist on a bike stop in the middle of the road while she took some pictures while the cars waited behind her. In Italy she would have been run over or at least suffered deafness from the tooting. Russians. They are a treat to watch here. They order the most elaborate meal possible, the restaurants must love them. But they expect everyone to speak Russian. Now I know a lot of people speak Russian in the world (mainly in Russia and surrounds) but in Slovenia these days? Really, the days of the empire are over although they don't seem to think so. What about learning English like the rest of the world?

Ice cream
While in Nova Gorica I gave the ice cream in a tub thing a go. But it's not for me. Although it looks more adult it just doesn't taste the same as an ice cream in a cone. Also it's more environmentally friendly plus I think you get more ice cream in a cone.
Talking about ice cream, I saw some kids at an ice cream parlour today. They appeared to be really enjoying their school excursion.

Owls
I suspect the owls I have been hearing here in Piran are in fact pigeons. I am not sure whether they are doing impressions of owls or are just very loud. However, there is a breed of pigeon called owl pigeons. That's all I know.





And some pictures from Piran...


And some pictures back at Piran...




No comments:

Post a Comment