23 May 2017

Piran

Hello, nice weather here in Piran. Has been sunny most days and in the low to mid 20s. Just a few observations to date before I am off to Nova Gorica (and bordering Italy), north of here, at the end of the week for a few days... 

TV Shopping Channels
They always seem to have really interesting products here. I saw a product that you sprinkle onto your head from a can to cover any bald spots. It's not paint but works electrostatically and doesn't rub off. It's like magic and seems a bargain at $90 for two months supply.
I saw another product that was a mole remover. I wonder whether it gets rid of cancerous ones too.
And yet another product advertised was cannabis massage gel. That must make you very relaxed.

Buskers
When I was walking through Piran, an Irish busker came jumping out at me and nearly gave me a heart attack. Unusual to see buskers here, let alone Irish ones. Probably because it's illegal. 

ATMs
Saw an unsual ATM the other day. At first I thought someone was being lazy by trying to access an ATM from their car. But it turns out it was a drive though ATM for cars, an Avtobank. 

Birds
The barn owls seem to have multiplied this year, after having a quiet year last year. Multiple ones are hooting all the time. Also seems to be more birds. It sometimes sounds like the jungle, one of them even sounds like a monkey.

Some pictures of Piran....









No comments:

Post a Comment