7 May 2017

Alice Springs 2

Last blog from this trip! On my last day in Alice Springs went to the botanic gardens and had a wander around town. While I was at he botanic gardens heard a loud argument on the path next to it between some aboriginals about "grog" and money. Unfortunately an issue in the community. 
The food in Alice springs is pretty good, cheap and you get large portions. Had a veal schnitzel which was the same price as the chicken version. Excellent. I also had kangaroo a couple of times, while on the Larapinta Trek and at the Uluru BBQ - it's very tasty.
Apart from the broken boots no major incidents apart from another footwear issue when I accidentally spilt half a glass of milk into my shoe at the hotel. But it was ok it only spilt into one shoe.
The hotel I stayed at before and after the walking tour was a bit strange: on one side the rooms had big windows and sliding doors (where I stayed) but on the other side the rooms only had one small window high up and a normal door and didn't seem to be used. I suppose those are the summer rooms for when it gets really hot.
On my way back, at the airport, I saw a magazine called Bacon Busters in the newsagent. It's a pig shooting magazine and seems to feature, mainly, photos of people with dead pigs. It even had a kids colouring competition.

I am back now at Bright where I am for a few days before I am off to Slovenia on Sunday.

The final pictures from my trip...






1 comment: