12 Sept 2019

Pohorje

The bike riding has been put on hold for a while, so today was walking. I went up to the Pohorje hills which are only a short bus and cable car ride from Maribor. It’s mainly a skiing area with lots of runs, eating places and accomodation (you can even drive up there).  But there was also plenty of nice forest, views, and a bonus waterfall. I had lunch up there and the restaurant cat actually put its front paws on my knees while I was eating, begging for a feed. It must have particularly liked the dish that I ordered.
I like ice cream but I saw someone eating it at 9am this morning. Breakfast? On the way back I saw somebody with a giant bowl of ice cream. They must have brought their own bowl as I have never seen any shop sell ice cream in that quantity (I haven’t been to America though).














No comments:

Post a Comment