27 Aug 2018

Zelenci

More rain today on my last walking day. I went to Zelenci today which is a wetland nature reserve between the villages of Podkoren and Rateče, west of here. Very pretty, even on a wet day, and a hungry bird was not distracted by my presence (see photo). Very cold here today (top of 10 today) and the bonus has been that we got our first snow up in the mountains. 

Walking tourism is very well organised here, with excellent signage and corresponding map available. The hotel has also been very good. It is Kranjska Gora's largest hotel, so generally caters for groups. After my burnt pizza fiasco I ate dinner in the hotel a few times and the price and quality has been very good. One night they literally had chunks of shark on the menu - I've not seen that before. The restaurant only has a buffet as it caters for organised groups, with their meals included as part of their package.

I will have to come again as there is still a lot more walking (and cycling) to do in this region! Back to Piran tomorrow.














No comments:

Post a Comment