23 Aug 2018

Tromeja

Hello, today I walked up to Tromeja, which is where the borders of Italy, Austria and Slovenia meet. It's in fact at the top of a mountain (Mount Peč) which is 1508m high. There were great views on the way up - although it was a bit hazy - from the Slovenian village Rateče (a short bus ride from Kranjska Gora) and great views into Austria on the other side. I then walked on the Austrian side, along a ridge, down to the Wurzen Pass where I came back into Slovenia. Although it was a road border, no border checks or guards. I walked along the main road for a bit then down a forest road (as signed), through a farm (where there were warnings about a bull) and then I got lost. I obviously missed the turn off while I was looking around waiting to be attacked by a bull (I did see the bull and the herd later but they couldn't of cared less about me). I got to a open pasture and saw my destination below (the main road) and so bush bashed (or pine tree bashed) my way down and I luckily found a forest road which led down. Another adventure. 

It has been quite hot here -  up to 30 degrees - but in Kranjska Gora there are cooler nights and no humidity, plus the walking was mainly in forest and it was much cooler up in the mountains. The hotel is quite good - it's very quiet.















No comments:

Post a Comment