26 Jul 2018

Vienna - Budapest Danube Cycle Trail - Day 5

Today’s cycle was from Komoran, in Slovakia, to Visegrad in Hungary was a long one with about 70km covered. Most of the trip was spent on the Slovakian side before the final crossing into Hungary. I am glad to report it was an excellent day. Although it was hot (30 degrees) the trails were excellent (most off road) except for one gravel part which was more fun than challenging.  There were great views of the Danube, saw more storks’ nests, two ferry rides, and a first: I passed a horse and cart on the road. Also there were some spectacular scenes: the Esztergom Basilica and Visegrad Castle (see pictures below). All round a tiring but great day and I didn’t get lost. Visegrad is a smaller town whose main attraction appears to be the castle on the hill.

Tomorrow is the final leg to Budapest.




















No comments:

Post a Comment