24 Jul 2018

Vienna - Budapest Danube Cycle Trail - Day 3

Thankfully a short cycling day, 45km to Gyor (in Hungary), as the rain gear got a workout. For the first hour it was non stop rain and then it stopped for a while before coming back in the afternoon briefly but by that time I was under cover having lunch (Google Translate was employed by the waitress to work out what I wanted to eat). Again the path mainly went through villages and fields. At one time two German cyclists approached me, one drawing alongside side me and then started shouting at her colleague. Appears she didn't really knows how to make her e-bike go faster. I slowed down to let her pass before she ran into someone. The highlight was a stork's nest on a power pole in a village park (see photos).

Gyor is a large city and appears to be a more Hungarian town than the other towns I have been through and it has some pretty impressive buildings. Back to Slovakia tomorrow.

Some photos with my new camera, my contribution to the Hungarian economy...



















No comments:

Post a Comment