31 Jul 2019

Tour of Western Slovenia - day 4

Today’s trip was about 50km from Podstrajnik to Senožeče via the pretty Rakov Škocjan Park. It  was very undulating terrain and navigation was a bit tricky around Postojna. I diverged from the recognised route to visit some relatives. My uncle even cycled part of the way to show me the correct route from his village via a gravel farm road. On the way I saw a small deer as a bonus.
When I arrived at my hotel it was closed, so I had to ring them to check me in. It is part of a pub which I didn’t know was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. That means a sandwich from the supermarket for dinner. They also don’t check out or have breakfast until 8am. Seems like that their heart is just not in it. Second last day on the tour tomorrow and its all downhill (I hope).










No comments:

Post a Comment