28 Jul 2019

Tour of Western Slovenia - day 2

Today’s trip was from Lesce (near Lake Bled) to Ljubljana, about 52km. It would have been a great day if I wanted to wash my bike, backpack, and rain jacket (and shoes). In other words it was raining all day. Sometimes really heavily. Never been on a cycling trip with so much rain, I guess it has caught up with me. The weather forecast was for a little rain in the morning and then heavier rain in the afternoon. In fact the opposite seems to have happened. Got into Ljubljana at about 1pm and it’s not raining as much, or I just got used to it.  I also got temporarily lost twice when the signage took a vacation. It’s very hard to use google maps on your phone in the rain. Spending the afternoon drying out my stuff. Tomorrow is the hard day to Cerknica which involves 500m of climbing but thankfully the forecast is for better weather.






No comments:

Post a Comment