27 Apr 2019

Naree Budjong Djara National Park

Today I visited another national park on an island and for once it was mainly sunny!. Today it was North Stradbroke Island. It is the second largest sand island in the world and is 40 km south-east of Brisbane on the eastern side of Moreton Bay, and I reached it by water taxi (really a ferry) from near Cleveland to Dunwich on the island. The ferry company kindly provide a free bus service from Cleveland railway station (an hour from Brisbane) to the wharf. Then it was a long walk to the other side of the island to get to the park. It was worth it with beautiful banksia, grass trees and eucalypt forest and even a lake. 

As usual there was more adventure getting there and getting back. On the shuttle bus trip from the wharf to the train station we nearly missed the train as all these locals came on having just done their shopping! I thought I saw Scott Morrison at a train station but on reflection it couldn't have been him because he wasn't wearing a baseball cap. At one station an old woman got on with fingerless gloves and a man with two wine glasses.

Last day of touring tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment