Hello, arrived in Brisbane yesterday for my national park walking tour. The plane into Brisbane was late but that was not the most irritating thing. Some people are just pains and it was with this one family. They were in front of me, queuing to go on the plane. The daughter decided to keep on flicking her overly long hair in my face. Then in the airport when we were going to baggage collection they arranged themselves side by side then anyone quicker than them (i.e. everybody) couldn't get past them. Getting on the flight a family had a bag full of food, including sushi. Don't know whether they don't have sushi in Queensland, they needed a lot of sustenance for the two hour flight, or weren't prepared to pay the exorbitant Jetstar prices for food. On the actual flight people seemed to find it hard to follow instructions. They didn't put their table up, window shutters down, or seat forward, before landing, even though repeated announcements were made. They had to be individually directed. Perhaps some sort of aversion therapy might help. No wonder there is so much crime if people can't even follow simple rules or instructions.
Brisbane airport is much improved and the Airlink train that leaves directly from the front of the terminal and goes to the Gold Coast via Brisbane City was excellent. The weather when I came was overcast and humid. Today it was partly cloudy but it has really clouded over this afternoon. However, still warm and humid. I am staying in an Airbnb apartment near the main train station. Big windows with nice views of the gym across the road and I still haven't worked out why the clothes dryer is attached to the wall upside down.
Today I visited Enogerra Reservoir and D'Aguilar National Park, about 30 minutes by bus in the hills west of Brisbane. Pictures below. On my return to Brisbane, I had lunch at The Bavarian. I had high hopes. It wasn't very Bavarian - a few token checked shirts and traditional dresses and lots of beer. I guess the beer was cheap because the parma wasn't. Also, their "Wiener Schnitzel" which included capers didn't sound very authentic to me.
The view over the Brisbane River from my lunch spot...They must have charged for the view too...
Brisbane airport is much improved and the Airlink train that leaves directly from the front of the terminal and goes to the Gold Coast via Brisbane City was excellent. The weather when I came was overcast and humid. Today it was partly cloudy but it has really clouded over this afternoon. However, still warm and humid. I am staying in an Airbnb apartment near the main train station. Big windows with nice views of the gym across the road and I still haven't worked out why the clothes dryer is attached to the wall upside down.
Today I visited Enogerra Reservoir and D'Aguilar National Park, about 30 minutes by bus in the hills west of Brisbane. Pictures below. On my return to Brisbane, I had lunch at The Bavarian. I had high hopes. It wasn't very Bavarian - a few token checked shirts and traditional dresses and lots of beer. I guess the beer was cheap because the parma wasn't. Also, their "Wiener Schnitzel" which included capers didn't sound very authentic to me.
The view over the Brisbane River from my lunch spot...They must have charged for the view too...
No comments:
Post a Comment