25 Apr 2019

Glass House Mountains National Park

Another day, another national park. This time it was to the Sunshine Coast hinterland, about one hour north from Brisbane by train. Weather was warm but overcast at times. Nevertheless, there were good views from the top of Mount Beerburrum (263 metres), to the other bigger Glass Mountains. It was a short walk but one of the steepest I have been on in Australia and with a great variety of native vegetation.

On the train trip there I had two foreign students across from me who I think thought they were in their living room. First we had an intensive chat about their and others' personal relationships, then the chips came out at 8.30am (breakfast or brunch?), then back to the chatting with one constantly (and irritatingly) saying "mmm" at the end of each sentence. Then one of them had a video call with her Spanish speaking relatives. At that point I moved seats. On the way back a knucklehead was playing videos, loudly, in the "quiet" carriage. Thankfully, he soon lost interest.

The photos...



 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment