9 Mar 2017

Mount Hotham - Part 3

Hello again, did the Cobungra Ditch walk today. It follows an old water race used for gold mining in the 1890s so it was generally flat but it was a long walk. It finished at the Cobingra Diggings site, which includes the old Brandy Creek mine. I didn't come across anyone except a family of cockatoos that were feeding in the trees. Although when I was coming back through Mt Hotham village an old man drove past me holding a phone in one hand, with which he appeared to be videoing, and shouting something unintelligible. So now I will feature on some knucklehead's video - lucky I was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap, so it could be anyone.

That concludes my stay at Mt Hotham - I return to Bright on the bus in the morning. I have been really lucky with the weather - the last two days have been predominantly sunny and left the for walking. Hasn't really been a lot of tourists up here but there are a lot of different workers preparing the place for the upcoming snow season. That's a pity as the scenery is great and the walks developed around Mt Hotham are excellent. I recommend it!

Some final pictures...
















1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying sharing your adventures Mick. Sure miss that high country - so long since I've been there.

    ReplyDelete