7 Mar 2017

Mount Hotham - Part 1

Hello, up at Mount Hotham again this year but not camping this time but staying in an apartment and doing day walks instead. Just as well as it's very cold here - was only 5 degrees at 9am this morning with a fresh wind as well. I came up yesterday on the Bright-Omeo bus and got dropped virtually at the front door.
Walked along the Machinery Spur track - via Mount Loch - today, about 15km of undulating track. Although it was cold it was, eventually, clear and sunny. Spectacular views towards Mount Buffalo and Mount Feathertop - as you will see from the photos below. There were a few walkers around and some mountain bikers torturing themselves on the rough track. I also came across a lost walker. She was on her way to Derrick Hut and took the wrong turn, going left instead of right at a trail junction. I asked her if she saw the big sign, and she said she saw no sign (a picture of the sign is below). I think she needs glasses.

Well anyway the pictures...

The trip up to Hotham (from the bus)...




Machinery spur track via Mt Loch (the "mountain" with the cairn)...
















No comments:

Post a Comment