Hello! I thought I would share some recent photos from around Piran - the weather is holding up but we are increasingly having windy days which signals the onset of cooler weather - even snow in the mountains which you can see from Piran as the air is a lot clearer now (see photos). Usually you can see where Italy is by a streak of brown smog. Some other observations:
Hotel Names
I have seen some recent strange names for hotels here in Slovenia. Hotel Cliff - sounds a bit dangerous, and Vile Park. "Vile" means villas but I don't think it works for English speaking tourists.
Blue Hair
I saw an older man on a Slovenian TV quiz programme with blue hair. I think he might have been updating his look for TV but he didn't quite get the colour (grey) right.
Cyclists
It's confirmed; some cyclists don't believe the road rules apply to them. Today I saw some cyclists ringing their bells at pedestrians crossing in front of them on a pedestrian crossing, across a bike path. I don't know whether they thought the black and white colouring was just a pretty pattern or what.
Interesting Passengers
I think we must have had royalty get on our bus today. First, the said royal hailed the bus down from the opposite side of the street from where the stop is, then he got on without paying, and finally he got off the next stop which was maybe 200m away. It's the only explanation.
Hotel Names
I have seen some recent strange names for hotels here in Slovenia. Hotel Cliff - sounds a bit dangerous, and Vile Park. "Vile" means villas but I don't think it works for English speaking tourists.
Blue Hair
I saw an older man on a Slovenian TV quiz programme with blue hair. I think he might have been updating his look for TV but he didn't quite get the colour (grey) right.
Cyclists
It's confirmed; some cyclists don't believe the road rules apply to them. Today I saw some cyclists ringing their bells at pedestrians crossing in front of them on a pedestrian crossing, across a bike path. I don't know whether they thought the black and white colouring was just a pretty pattern or what.
Interesting Passengers
I think we must have had royalty get on our bus today. First, the said royal hailed the bus down from the opposite side of the street from where the stop is, then he got on without paying, and finally he got off the next stop which was maybe 200m away. It's the only explanation.
No comments:
Post a Comment