Hello,
Only 23 days until I depart for Australia. I have not done many trips recently as the weather deteriorated quite rapidly at the start of September, raining nearly all the time. It's got better the last week or so but it has got cooler and more windy - with temperatures in the low 20s. Thankfully the humidity has gone. So the fan and shorts have been packed away until next year. But I still have a few observations...
Weather
As I said the weather has been windy, so much so that a foil tray ended up in my room - blown in through the open window - and I am on the 3rd floor! It's got so cool here, even the flies - which have not been spotted all summer- are coming inside.
Nordic Walking
Televsion
I saw the UK National Union of Students president being interviewed on Sky News. She was complaining about how poor students were and that some were going hungry. She didn't do much to promote this poverty, wearing a large, chunky necklace and two fancy piercings.
I saw a concert on TV recently and one of the presenters had a dress with what looked like a pouch in the front. I don't know whether that was intentional or they gave her the wrong sized dress.
I also saw a TV news report about a new hotel opening in the capital. Ljubljana. Unfortunately the Serbian owner couldn't attend the opening as the Serbian authorities had confiscated his passport due to some tax issue. Not a good start to the venture.
Public Transport
I saw an older man get on the bus the other day with a bun on top - of course he had a guitar. Also on the local bus, a German got on expecting it to be free. I am not sure whether in Germany pensioners get everything for free or he was just a cheapskate.
When I visited my relatives in Orehek recently, I caught the train and one of the passengers presented a bus ticket to get on the train. She mistakenly purchased a ticket from the bus ticket office. There was a bus replacing the train so maybe she got confused. She wasn't even a tourist.
Invisibility
I still appear to be invisible. Someone ran into me with their dog near the bus station. She clearly didn't even care about the dog, at the very least.
Interesting Products
In the supermarket I saw for sale one litre beer cans from a Danish company - that had a pop top! I am not sure whether they really like their beer in Denmark or they developed a special product for the German and Czech markets.
And finally some pictures...
Piran
Orehek
Only 23 days until I depart for Australia. I have not done many trips recently as the weather deteriorated quite rapidly at the start of September, raining nearly all the time. It's got better the last week or so but it has got cooler and more windy - with temperatures in the low 20s. Thankfully the humidity has gone. So the fan and shorts have been packed away until next year. But I still have a few observations...
Weather
As I said the weather has been windy, so much so that a foil tray ended up in my room - blown in through the open window - and I am on the 3rd floor! It's got so cool here, even the flies - which have not been spotted all summer- are coming inside.
Nordic Walking
An activity that they are still trying to
flog is Nordic walking. It’s a fitness activity that is essentially walking with
long ski like poles. In effect, it comprises walking a short distance, carrying
unnecessary, expensive, equipment. I think the pole manufacturers invented it
to sell more ski poles. I saw one the other day that even had the whole outfit:
bright blue top with matching runner.
I saw the UK National Union of Students president being interviewed on Sky News. She was complaining about how poor students were and that some were going hungry. She didn't do much to promote this poverty, wearing a large, chunky necklace and two fancy piercings.
I saw a concert on TV recently and one of the presenters had a dress with what looked like a pouch in the front. I don't know whether that was intentional or they gave her the wrong sized dress.
I also saw a TV news report about a new hotel opening in the capital. Ljubljana. Unfortunately the Serbian owner couldn't attend the opening as the Serbian authorities had confiscated his passport due to some tax issue. Not a good start to the venture.
Public Transport
I saw an older man get on the bus the other day with a bun on top - of course he had a guitar. Also on the local bus, a German got on expecting it to be free. I am not sure whether in Germany pensioners get everything for free or he was just a cheapskate.
When I visited my relatives in Orehek recently, I caught the train and one of the passengers presented a bus ticket to get on the train. She mistakenly purchased a ticket from the bus ticket office. There was a bus replacing the train so maybe she got confused. She wasn't even a tourist.
Invisibility
I still appear to be invisible. Someone ran into me with their dog near the bus station. She clearly didn't even care about the dog, at the very least.
Interesting Products
In the supermarket I saw for sale one litre beer cans from a Danish company - that had a pop top! I am not sure whether they really like their beer in Denmark or they developed a special product for the German and Czech markets.
And finally some pictures...
Piran
Orehek
No comments:
Post a Comment