Hello and welcome to the last instalment of the walks near Innsbruck photos. These are taken from three different locations; Nordkette range, Mutteralm, and near Telfs. As you can see from the photos the weather was not so good for a bit but now has improved as I leave for the final leg of my trip - a quick stopover in Verona on the way back to Piran.
But of course there have been a few incidents...
Path Rage
That might be what you call an argument between one of the guides and one of the walkers. But before I get to that point, I will start at the beginning. Some of us got on the bus at Innsbruck for the guided walk and then we went to another town to pick up some more walkers. This particular British tourist was already grumbling when she got on the bus. Then when we started walking, in went the headphones and then the "singing" started. But the behaviour only degenerated. As we were walking up a gravel vehicle track, a mere incline by Austrian standards, we (the walkers in the front) heard raised voices; the British walker was complaining to the guide at the back that she signed up for a walk not a mountain climb. Her definition of a mountain climb appeared to be traversing any lump above sea level. This is not the accepted definition. Luckily, we came to the point where walkers could elect to go with one of the guides on the easier walk or with the other guide on the more difficult one. All the walkers except for the British walker and her friend elected to go on the harder walk. The tribe had spoken. And we had a great walk until we met again at the lunch spot. After we had our lunch, the two British walkers appeared and sat to the side. Then after a little while the chief antagonist said what are we waiting for as we are just sitting here not even part of the group. I wondered how that could have occurred. As we were walking down they slowly drifted to the rear of the group. But she wasn't finished yet. Halfway through the bus drive she moved to the back of the bus. When we got to her bus stop her friend got off but there was no sign of her - after a delay she finally emerged and left the bus. I don't know whether she fell asleep or not but i can imagine for her it must have been a physically and emotionally draining day, as probably most days are in her life.
Dogs
Yes this topic again, it's just that dog owners just keep on giving. On the same walk as Path Rage we came across a person blowing a weird sounding whistle. It turned out to be a dog whistle but try as the owner did the dog had different ideas. It was not coming back on command. Then in Innsbruck I saw someone "walking" their German Shepherd. Or more accurately he was struggling to restrain it while it tried to kill every dog that it could see. Not sure whether that type of dog should be walked down a busy street. Then there was the dog that should be called Whizzer if they are not. Every five metres or so the dog would flood the middle of the footpath. I don't know what it's problem was but if the owner was in the vicinity he wasn't acknowledging ownership.
Interesting Walkers
On the guided walks I have been on I have met some really friendly and nice people, including a Swiss and an Australian. I don't talk much on these walks but the only thing I heard this particular old New Zealand man say over the two walks we were together on was: I'll have an alcohol free beer" and "where's the bus". On one of the walks he had earphones in for the whole walk.
TV
Interesting things on TV. Austrian TV had coverage of the European Faustball (Fistballl) championships. Never knew this sport existed. It's like volleyball but on an outside and bigger pitch and you can let the ball bounce twice before having to hit it over the net. Seems to be designed for those no good at volleyball (too slow or short) or old people.
Germany seems to have a lot of raw material for reality TV programmes based on how many of these are on TV. If only I had a better grasp of German I think I would enjoy them more.
Anyway here are the photos...




















No comments:
Post a Comment