The weather has been good for walking, although a bit too hot being in the low 30s, until today when it rained heavily for part of the day, it's going to stay cool for most of this week.
Some of the walks I have done have been with the free guided walk program offered here in Innsbruck; where you get a guide, bus transport, and you go up to the mountains. Some of the group dynamics is interesting. On one walk the guide told people that they can walk ahead of him but they must wait at any intersections. At the first intersection following this a person continued walking, down the wrong path. The guide also said to stay to the right of the track as there were mountain bikers, first time we encountered a bike someone was standing on the right side in the way of the bike. Then there was the person who was checking the phone every five minutes, he eventually let it go, probably because of poor reception. Then there was the person that was listening to music while walking, I guess what the guide had to say was not much of interest.
Innsbruck has beggars too but they are not as active as the ones in Trieste. These ones just sit on the footpath holding a cup or with a cap in front of them. I have remarked before that some of beggars dont't consider their marketing much. Today I came across three together talking and smoking while the hat was in front of them awaiting donations.
And finally, ironically, I get away with being a local in Austria more than I do in Slovenia. In Slovenia when I speak Slovenian, people think I am English, German or have an intellectual impairment. I prefer that hey think I have an impairment as they are more understanding. Whereas in Austria, people often think I am a German speaker when I use my limited German. Perhaps it's the chequered shirts I wear (they like checks here) or it could be that there are so many local and national variations of German I can get away with it.
Anyway here are the first lot of pictures taken in the Stubai valley (from two different walks, the second one being closer to Innsbruck, which is the city seen below in some of the photos)....

















Stunningly beautiful set of photos, Mick.
ReplyDelete