Hello,
Final instalment from the Italy trip. This time pictures of Florence. But first some observations....
Roman Police
Forgot to mentioned what I observed while eating at a restaurant. Three police came in and started filling brown bags. After awhile I realised that they were putting containers of food in these bags - probably to take home or to the station.
Slovenian Public Transport Tales
All I will say is that they are way more explicit and blunt when advertising personal products and associated issues here.
That's all for now, off to London tomorrow.....
Final instalment from the Italy trip. This time pictures of Florence. But first some observations....
Roman Police
Forgot to mentioned what I observed while eating at a restaurant. Three police came in and started filling brown bags. After awhile I realised that they were putting containers of food in these bags - probably to take home or to the station.
Slovenian Public Transport Tales
Those with a good memory might remember the beggar that was stalking me (refer to "Time to Come Back to Australia" 6/10/15 blog). Well she appeared again, this time on the bus and she wasn't in beggar mode. I know this because she didn't recognise me this time (it appears she was on her way home, after a successful day of begging). But she did ask the poor student next to her if she could share her earphones with her to listen to her music.
Again on the bus, near Piran, on a narrow and busy section of road a few drivers pulled over to let an ambulance past, well before it got to them. In Italy it would have been a race to see who could get in front of the ambulance first.
The bus driver had a bad day today on the 45 minute bus trip to Koper - five times he had to toot the horn as drivers attempted stupid maneuvers in front of him.
European TV Advertisements
All I will say is that they are way more explicit and blunt when advertising personal products and associated issues here.
That's all for now, off to London tomorrow.....
No comments:
Post a Comment